Wednesday 6 January 2016

Introduction

Well, it's a new year and well I guess it's time for another guitar build project...

During the hollow bodied Les Paul Florentine build I helped a friend to build this Billy Bo tribute -



Originally he bought a Mahogany (looks more like Meranti to me) neck from CH Guitars.  When it arrived it appeared to be very Fenderish in style and he wanted more of Gibson feel so he bought a different one and gave me the CH neck in return for the lump of Mahogany I gave him for the body.

Anyway, late last year he bought a new house and promptly ripped out the fire place which had some big timber plinths which were then subsequently given to me for guitar building.

They turned out to be oak, which is generally considered a tad heavy for use in a solid body electric guitar so and he'd mentioned in one of jam sessions that he'd love a telecaster so I had thought...

Why don't I hollow it out as per the Florentine, put a nice top on it and fit the neck he gave me and return it as a nice present!

No comments:

Post a Comment